East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > Buy and sell > 5 Day Incident Management Cse.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 5 Day Incident Management Cse.

5 Day Incident Management Cse. 6 years 5 months ago #10512

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 667
This is reposted from Catriona Woods' post on Facebook. Tom Maguire and I did this cse last March. Great cse and it is given by Jeff Allen the IM guru. Probably based in Belfast area.
"Folks are you Interested in a 5 days incident Management and Sea Survival Course run by Jeff Allen???? Course will be based locally. Please select option in the poll below..... Jeff is the founder of Sea kayak Cornwall, guru of Incident management and founder of the International Sea kayak guide Association (ISKGA). if you know of him, you will know hes top of the game and Internationally recognized as one of the best Incident management providers in the business. This course is one of the generic modules to become an ISKGA International Coastal guide or International Advanced Sea kayak leader.
Dates to be finalised but would like to be November or December. Prices will be very favorable compared to booking through an external company. I expect price to be between the 200 and 250 for full 5 days.
Course is certified and includes, rescues, group management, managing incidents in surf and rock hopping and sea survival. I did this course last year but I was very sick during it so I really want to do it again and this time be able to be more involved.
Some Background to the course.
The 5 day incident Management and sea Survival course is one of the modules necessary to attain certification as an International Sea kayak Costal Guide or and International Advanced Sea Kayak Leader and member of the ISKGA. Basically ISKGA was developed because other sea kayaking bodies do not cover the commercial industry and other courses did not cover the full safety measures necessary when dealing with customers....... but we are all dealing with customers of a sort beit club members or taking friends paddling.
This is the most intensive, structured and comprehensive course I have been on, and i have been on quite a few!!! I think its a course that every sea kayaker should do
So looking for numbers. Minimum of 6 and prob a maxium of 8/9. I have already 3 confirmed.
some links for you to read" www.theputin.eu/magazines/Issue7/mobile/index.html#p=41
www.iskga.com/courses/incident-management/
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by MICHAEL CARROLL.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

5 Day Incident Management Cse. 6 years 3 months ago #10649

• Stephen Bagnall
Has this gone ahead yet or is it still planned Mick?

5 Day Incident Management Cse. 6 years 3 months ago #10653

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 667
Caitriona is organising this Stephen. You can find her on FB. Am abroad at present.
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds