East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > General discussion > Paddle to Progress Funding Applications open
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paddle to Progress Funding Applications open

Paddle to Progress Funding Applications open 1 year 9 months ago #19296

• Susan Honan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 311
Hi
I am pleased to say that our Club has been awarded 220 Euro by Canoeing Ireland as part of its Bridge the Gap Paddle to Progress programme. There were a lot of applications from all over the country, in many disciplines this year, so it is encouraging that Women's Sea Kayaking is recognised in this way.

The aim of the 'Bridge the Gap Paddle to Progress' programmes are to:

1. Run either a refresher or skills progression style course for female club members.
2. More advanced female club member(s) to lead or assist in leading the course.
3. Funding allocated through this programme is used by the club to sponsor the female club member(s) who volunteer to lead/assist in the running of the course(s) on their instructor/coach pathway.
Examples of how this may be used:
- towards instructor training/assessment
- towards coach training/assessment
- towards skills training/assessment
- split the funding to subsidise costs of the above examples for multiple female members

Specifications:
- The course has a minimum of 8 hours contact time and can take place over a series of evenings or weekends.
- The course runs within ratio guidelines of 1:6 or 1:8 depending on the instructor/coach qualifications
- Female club members assist or lead the course.
- The content of each course will be decided by clubs to meet different clubs needs/disciplines
- All participants on the course must be current members of the club and Canoeing Ireland

If you would like to assist in the running of the ECSKC Paddle to Progress course, (date(s) and content tbc) and are going for skills/coach/instructor training and/or assessment before the end of 2022 please sign up here on this thread before WED 22nd June. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks
Sue
Women in Paddle Sport Rep.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Dempsey, Emer O Boyle, Hazel Johnston

Paddle to Progress Funding Applications open 1 year 9 months ago #19301

Hello Sue,
Thank you for getting involved with Paddle to Progress.
I would be interested to help with a Paddle to progress training course. I am a Level 2 trainee kayaking instructor and I am hoping to do my L2 instructor assessment at the end of the summer/autumn 2022.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Andrea McGealy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan Honan

Paddle to Progress Funding Applications open 1 year 9 months ago #19306

• Hazel Johnston
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 254
Thanks Sue & Co for making this application, it’s such a great initiative.

I’d be keen to participate please, from a ‘skills training’ angle. I’m aiming to complete L3 assessment before the end of 2022.

Whilst I’m not aiming for leadership or instructor level, I’d be happy to support the programme in any way that I may be deemed capable.

Hazel J

Paddle to Progress Funding Applications open 1 year 9 months ago #19321

• Deirdre Groves
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Sue,

Sounds great, I would love to assist or participate in some way ,

Deirdre
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds