Home > Forum > Forum > General discussion > REC 3 Course
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: REC 3 Course

REC 3 Course 11 years 2 months ago #2563

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 672
I am in the process of organising a REC 3 First Aid Course to be run by an ICU approved instructor Mr Pat Reid. The course will run over three days of intensive and comprehensive training, some 24hrs of instruction. As an added bonus those attending will be awarded in addition to the REC 3 Cert a PHECC CFR (Community First Responder) cert. The cost will be 130 Euro per person based on 12 persons attending. I have already commitments from seven club members to attend so the places are limited. I am putting up the notice to see who else may be interested. This is a very useful course for anyone involved in Kayaking and is compulsory for those considering going on for Level 4/5 or any instructor awards. The cost of this course normally for anyone attending as an individual is 250 Euro so a considerable saving can be enjoyed by attending the club course. Now the tricky bit. When... The first available date which I have provisionally booked is 6/7 Apr. The third day can be done in one of two ways. Either Fri from 1500hrs to 2130hrs and the balance made up of an early start on the Sat and Sun at 0830 to 1830hrs both days. This may pose some snags for the great employed. The alternative is the third day will be on Sat 20 Apr as he is away on the weekend after 6/7 Apr. I would like people to post their interest on this site and say which option they would like. I will select the most popular and make arrangements. As I mentioned the c places are already heavily booked so first in best dressed as they say. Any queries or observations call me on 085 1086814. The venue will be the ICU training centre in Strawberry Beds, which will be arranged later with the ICU.
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by MICHAEL CARROLL.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: REC 3 Course 11 years 2 months ago #2564

• Jason Borland
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hi Michael,

I am interested in doing a REC3 course however the weekend of the 6/7 April I am away. So if it changes dates let me know.

Jason

Re: REC 3 Course 11 years 2 months ago #2566

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
Course is almost fully subscribed by phone bookings. I will confirm dates and venue later.

Re: REC 3 Course 11 years 2 months ago #2568

• Alan J. Finn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
I have lodged my application by phone message, am hoping to be successfull.....

Re: REC 3 Course 11 years 2 months ago #2570

• Ewan LeNoach
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I have submitted my name for the list. The first date suggested is fine with me. Regards, Ewan LeNoach

Re: REC 3 Course 11 years 2 months ago #2587

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
The REC3 Course is arranged for 20/21/27 Apr which will be run in the ICU Training Centre at the Strawberry Beds. The following twelve people will be attending the course;

Michael O'Farrell
Willie Collins
Eddy O'Shea
Michael Carroll
Ruth Bracken
Robin Kavanagh
Susan Honan
Chris Honan
Jason Borland
Ewan Lenoch
AJ Finn
Ronan McArdle
The course fee is €130 per person.
Payment details to follow.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by MICHAEL CARROLL.
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 1.227 seconds