East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > General discussion > Poll: Which is the best evening for social events?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Which evening do you prefer for club social events?

Monday No votes 0%
Tuesday 1 7.1%
Wednesday 1 7.1%
Thursday 7 50%
Friday 5 35.7%
Saturday No votes 0%
Sunday No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 14 See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Poll: Which is the best evening for social events?

Poll: Which is the best evening for social events? 12 years 2 months ago #914

• Julian Haines
  • Thank you received: 361
Do you attend club social events from time to time? If you do, or if you have the intention to attend a few, then I'd like to find out when is the best time for you. They'd normally be in the evening, 8pm start. But which day of the week is usually best? Please consider when you would be most likely to attend and vote accordingly.
Julian Haines, Leaders' Officer and Web Admin
Send Email or see other contact details (members links)
Contact Me (non-members)

Blazer: Black Swan. Available 1st March. Pre-save on Spotify here:
distrokid.com/hyperfollow/blazer6/black-swan-2
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Poll: Which is the best evening for social events? 12 years 2 months ago #915

For me the usual time of 8pm on a friday is fine and would get my vote.

However the challenge for me is that the social events are generally in the Dalkey and DĂșn Laoghaire. Such locations are impractical for anyone not based in South Dublin. I feel it would be more inclusive if the social events took place in the City centre as public transport is designed to accommodate the journey home (regardless of where home is) after the event.

Re: Poll: Which is the best evening for social events? 12 years 2 months ago #916

• Conor Murray
Hi Frank,

This topic was discussed in some detail at last nights committee meeting and not just for social meets but for all other events and training. We will be looking at addressing this but vitally, its the members opinions and feedback which will help most.

So if anyone has any suggestions, comments or criticisms, please feel free to contact a member of the committee and your opinions will be given time at the next meeting.

Thanks,
Conor

Re: Poll: Which is the best evening for social events? 12 years 2 months ago #920

• Susan Honan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 311
HI
Thursday or Friday would suit me but like Frank said, city centre location is the main factor.

Re: Poll: Which is the best evening for social events? 12 years 2 months ago #921

• Chris Leonard
Hi - also a more central location would suit me better. Think most members are southside based however. I remember there had been some talks run in the teachers club in Parnell Square. Could be a possible location. Maybe a compromise would be to run some social meets in a central location and some in the usual spot. Thursday or Friday is good for me.

Chris

Re: Poll: Which is the best evening for social events? 12 years 1 month ago #931

• Niamh Bookle
Thursdays and City Centre for me too B)
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds